WELCOME TO IGHEM 2024 in Vancouver, British Columbia
The 14th International Conference on Hydraulic Efficiency Measurement
August 11-14, 2024
The University of British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We acknowledge that the UBC Vancouver campus where this meeting will be held is situated within the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam).
The forthcoming IGHEM conference will provide a forum for engineers from industry and research establishments to present new results, to exchange ideas and to discuss directions of future developments. The conference will be organized by Jan Buermans, ASL AQFlow Inc., with the support of the IGHEM committee.
The UBC Vancouver Campus is located 30 minutes from the heart of downtown Vancouver, the Vancouver campus is a spectacular location that is a ‘must-see’ for any visitor to the city — where snow-capped mountains meet ocean, and breathtaking vistas greet you around every corner. UBC will reserve a block of reasonably priced, on campus hotel rooms for the attendees available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information about the venue, please visit the UBC Conferences Website.
The conference will be focused on the experimental, theoretical and computational approaches enhancing measurements in hydro power plants, including, but not limited to:
- Application of AI in the field of turbine monitoring
- Case studies of efficiency measurements
- Importance of the efficiency evaluation of hydro power plants and hydro systems
- Unit management and plant monitoring for best efficiency operation
- Site testing as decision making tool for old plants
- Efficiency and hydraulic behavior prediction by CFD analysis and/or model testing
- Measurements related to hydro-abrasive erosion
- Instrumentation and calibration of testing devices
- Acoustic and dilution methods for flow rate measurements
- Current meter and velocity area methods
- Pressure time and differential pressure methods
- Thermodynamic method and new efficiency measuring techniques
- Data acquisition systems and data processing
- Data analysis and assessment of uncertainties in measurements
- Aims and requirements of test standards
We can't wait to welcome you to Vancouver!
Thomas Staubli, Professor Dr.
CC Fluid Mechanics and Numerical Methods
President of IGHEM Organization
Jan Buermans, P.Eng, President & CEO
ASL AQFlow Inc.
IGHEM 2024 Conference Chair
International Steering Committee (Conference Organizers)
Geraldo Lucio Tiago Filho
IGHEM 1998 & 2006
*President of IGHEM Organization